A whitelist is a list of email addresses or domains that you have designated as legitimate email contacts. Messages from these contacts will not be blocked automatically, and will be delivered successfully to your inbox.
To more effectively filter spam, use the Whitelist in conjunction with the Blacklist. A Blacklist is a list of specific email addresses or domains considered to be associated with spam.
Adding an email address to the Whitelist
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Smart Security.
- If you seee the message Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Toggle Advanced mode, or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- From the main menu, click Setup → Antispam module.
- The Antispam module will be displayed. In the middle of the window, click Whitelist.
- The Whitelist window will appear. From here you can Add, Edit, or Remove Whitelist entries. To add an email address to the Whitelist, click the Add button.
- The New item window will appear. In the Email address field, enter the email address you want whitelisted. In the Name field, enter the company or individual associated with the address.
- If you wish to whitelist the entire email domain, select the Whole domain option at the bottom of the window. This can be useful if you wish to allow email mesages from all individuals in a specified organization.
- Click OK to finish.
Editing a Whitelist entry
- While in the Whitelist window from step 5 above, select the address you wish to edit, and click the Edit button.
- The Item change window will appear, allowing you to change the email address or name of the entry. Click OK to finish.
Removing a Whitelist entry
- While in the Whitelist window from step 5 above, select one or more email addresses, and click the Remove button.
- A dialog box will ask you to verify the action. Click OK to confirm.
- Close the Whitelist window when you are finished adding, editing, or removing entries.